- BSP (British Standard Pipe) is a technical standard for screw threads. Straight (parallel, non-tapered) threads of a British Standard Pipe Parallel (BSPP) connector are denoted by the letter G, also known as ISO 228.
- If the connector ends with a small protrusion (nipple), it is often denoted with a symbol B (e.g. G1/4” B)
- NPT (National Pipe Tapered threads) is US standard for measuring tapered threads on threaded pipes and fittings.
- BSP and NPT are not compatible
- The Bx G1/8" is a quick connect pressure fitting designed by Beamex. Bx G1/8” male consists of a standard G1/8” (ISO228/1) female thread on the pressure module, and a replaceable pressure fitting G1/8” male to Bx G1/8” male with 60⁰ internal cone (6089410) and an O-ring (7400380) installed at Beamex.
- The Bx 1215 is a quick connect pressure fitting
This guide explains how to connect between Beamex 40 bar and 630 bar pressure hoses and Beamex internal and external pressure modules. Remember to always use a seal to ensure tightness.
Note! Starting from 31.1.2023, 7108600 Pressure fitting Bx 1215 male to G1/8" male (no valve) is included as standard in P60, P100 and P160 modules for MC6 (starting from calibrator S/N 609201) and P60-Ex, P100-Ex and P160-Ex modules for MC6-Ex (starting from calibrator S/N 702996). Thereby, these pressure modules now have Bx 1215 male thread as standard and can be connected to 630 bar hoses without additional fittings. For calibrators manufactured earlier than this, P60, P100 and P160 modules have a G1/8" female thread and fitting 7108600 is to be added separately when using with 630 bar hoses.
40 bar hoses / Bx G1/8"
- Beamex 40 bar hoses have Bx G1/8" female thread
- Most internal and external pressure modules up to 20 bar (100m to 20C) have Bx G1/8” male thread, so the 40 bar hoses can be connected to these pressure modules without additional fittings
- if you want to connect 40 bar hose to internal high pressure modules (P60, P100, P160), detach the preassembled fitting 7108600 which will reveal a G1/8" female thread. After this, use 6089410 Pressure module fitting G1/8” male to Bx G1/8” male with O-ring (7400380).
- external high pressure modules (EXT60...EXT1000) have G1/4” B male thread. Use 7113272 Pressure fitting Bx G1/8” male to G1/4” B female with seal 7410100 (both included in set 8003100) for connecting 40 bar pressure hose to these modules
- The connector ends with a small protrusion (nipple), often denoted with a symbol B (G1/4” B).
- Note! Never exceed the maximum working pressure of the hose when using the 40 bar pressure hose with high pressure modules.
630 bar hoses / Bx 1215
- The Bx 1215 pressure fitting is a quick connect fitting
- Beamex 630 bar hoses have a Bx 1215 female thread
- The 630 bar hose can be connected to high pressure internal modules (P60, P100, P160) without additional fitting (for calibrators manufactured after 31.1.2023, see more in note above)
- For connecting hose to high pressure external module (EXT60...EXT1000) with G1/4" B male, use 7108650 Pressure fitting Bx1215 male to G1/4" female (includes pre-assembled seal).
- if you want to connect 630 bar hose to low pressure modules with Bx G1/8" male, detach the preassembled fitting 6089410 which will reveal a G1/8" female thread. After this, fitting 7108600 can be used.
- Note! Never exceed the maximum working pressure of the module when using the 630 bar pressure hose with pressure modules with lower pressure rating.